Friday 7 August 2015

Red hair and bar Japanese

On Wednesday (2015.08.05) I went to Harajuku to get my hair dyed again. Blonde was fun, but I wan't entirely convinced it was "me", so to speak. So, at the request of my friend, Hito, I got up early and went to koti by bröocH. The salon is really close to Harajuku station, although I did walk past it once without realising. I'd highly recommend going!

Anyway, Hamamoto did my hair (though a few others helped), and we managed to communicate in a range of broken English and Japanese. He was very kind and very patient. I let him decide what colour to do, and he decided on red after a quick flick through my instagram. The whole thing was pretty quick, really, and I have no complaints whatsoever. It cost me 7000円, which is much cheaper than it would have been in my regular salons in England.


Afterwards, we took a few photos which Hamamoto posted on instagram later that day.

I highly recommend going if you get the chance. The staff are super friendly and the salon is neat and clean. I'll definitely be going back before I leave to get my hair cut. It's too long for long hair, and it's still really thick even though I have an undercut...

Instagram:

Moving on. 

On Wednesday evening I headed to George's Caffe (yes, the double f really bothers me). It was my first time there and I think it is now my favourite bar, even if they don't open until midnight. I met some really lovely people and got much more drunk than I had originally planned, but it was a good night. 

So, bar Japanese. This is basically where you go to a bar with your textbooks etc. and try out your Japanese on a friendly and slightly tipsy bunch of Japanese people. You'd be surprised how much you can learn and how happy they are to help. It normally descends into "how do you write this kanji?" and an accompanying mess of scribbles, with a lot of repeating what people say. I now have a book set aside for bar Japanese, the inside of which looks like this...




Not the neatest thing in the world, huh.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Template developed by Confluent Forms LLC; more resources at BlogXpertise